Ariselu\Sweet Rice Cakes
1 Kg Old fat Rice
100 grams Seasame seeds
1 kg Oil or Ghee
- Soak the rice for 1 day. Separate the soaked rice from water, place it on a clean dry cloth in the shade and let it dry for 5 to 10 minutes, blend wet rice to smooth powder.
- Add 600g mashed Jagerry and 1/2cup water in a thick bottomed vessel, put in high flame.
- Once jaggery melts, filter the syrup Mean while fry the Seasame seeds in a dry pan for 5 minutes.
- Use medium flame and keep moving them continously with a spoon. Cook the filtered jaggery syrup, stirring continously.
- Let it become thick To check the syrup’s consistency, take some water in a plate. Put little syrup into the water and check if it is settled at the bottom without melting.
- Once cooked, put off the flame, put the vessel aside and add 2 tsp ghee, 100 grams fried Seasame seeds.
- Slowly add Rice flour to the syrup , mix thoroughly, see that no lumps formed till it thickens.
- Meanwhile heat 1 kg ghee or oil in small pan Can also add 1/2 kg ghee and 1/2 kg oil to make Ariselu more crispy.
- The mix should be to medium thickness . While it is hot, take some dough in a small vessel and close the remaining dough so that it does not dry up.
- Repeat it when ever dough is finished in the small vessel.Take one thick plastic cover, apply half tsp oil to it for preparing Ariselu.Take little dough, prepare round with hand on cover.
- Slowly leave that Ariselu into pan, fry till golden brown color.Remove it with apaka.Immediately press hard with wooden press to extract excess oil.
- Put Ariselu on a tissue paper so that remaining oil will also be absorbed.Tasty Ariselu are ready to serve