2 1/2 tsp clarified butter(ghee)
3/4 cup filled with jaggery pieces
A little less than 3/4 cup of broken walnuts
1 tsp Hersheys chocolate syrup
- In a shallow pan, put the ghee to melt.
- Add the jaggery, once the ghee melts, and slowly stir the jaggery over a medium flame.
- In 4-5 min, when the jaggery melts, add chocolate syrup.
- Reduce the flame and quickly add walnuts to it
- Mix everything into a lump quickly
- Spread out the lump using the back of cup or bowl into a rectangular form.
- Using a roller pin, roll down the base to the desired thinness about 1/4- 1/2 inch thickness.
- After 2 minutes of cooling, make cuts into the desired shape or traditional shapes.
- After it cools completely, store in an airtight container.
If the chikki candy feels sticky at the initial taste, that means the mixture needs to be cooked a bit more.
Make initial cuts with a knife, then use a thin spatula to separate and lift the chikki candies.